Home delivery is a convenient and cost-effective way for you to order up to a 90-day supply of maintenance or long-term medication for delivery to your home, office or location of your choosing. You will minimize trips to the pharmacy and save money on your prescriptions.
Home delivery of prescription drugs is typically used for maintenance medications that help treat chronic, long-term health conditions including:
- High Blood Pressure
- Thyroid Disease
Home Delivery Frequently Asked Questions
New Home Delivery Users
How to get started:
- Have your doctor write your prescription for the number of days your plan allows for home delivery (for example, 90 days). Note: If you need your medicine right away, ask your doctor to write two prescriptions. Fill the first one at your local drug store. Mail the second one to OptumRx.
- Fill out an order form. This form includes a confidential patient profile section for you and any family members. Write the member identification number, patient name and patient date of birth on the back of each prescription.
- Mail the form with the prescription(s) and co-payment to: OptumRx, PO Box 2975,Mission, KS 66201-1375
- OptumRx will ship orders to the address entered on the form.
- Check your order upon receipt. Make sure you review your order within 21 days of receipt. Contact us immediately to report any issues. Member service representatives and clinical pharmacists are available to discuss any questions at our toll-free number that is located on the back of your prescription ID card.
Do one of the following:
- Complete online:
Call OptumRx toll-free: 1-866-244-9113.
Send in the refill slip that came with your previous order. Be sure to include your co-payment. Mail it to OptumRx.
- If you have not previously registered on optimahealth.com, complete the Member Registration process online.
- Once registered, sign in and select “Pharmacy Resources”
- Follow the on-screen instructions.